Sunday 4 September 2011

Back to School Challenge

Hello Crafters! As a former teacher, this week is very special. By the time I post this, we will be almost through the week before school starts, and be into our Labour Day Holiday weekend, at least in Canada.
When I was in the classroom, I would go to school most of this week to set up my class, decorate my bulletin boards and generally get the classroom ready to go. I loved this time of year, freshly sharpened pencils, that smell of pink erasers, crayons, the excitement of all new students and a new year full of possibilities. My teacher desk was clean and organized for that first day, the only day it ever was it seemed. Buying a new box of  60 Laurentian pencil crayons was my right of passage to the new school year. When they would be on sale in August you could tell school was starting soon.
But things change...I have retired, Laurentian pencil crayons are no more and my desk is never clean and tidy because it is full of card making and scrap-booking stuff. Maybe I'm appreciating  a clean desk more than I ever did when I was at school, because when I saw this idea I just had to make one. A great little teacher gift because you can put small chocolate bars in the drawers.

 



  
Click on designers name to visit their blog and leave some love.

5 comments:

  1. Love that little desk. I am a teacher too, so those hidden treats would be great when something sweet was needed.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. that little desk is just fabulous...so many little details! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that desk! Awesome details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #6 - Karen C has added two free designer papers!! Go and Get'um! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    This is my first participation in your challenge.
    I'm a follower now.
    Thanks and hugs.
    Marlei
    Brazil

    ReplyDelete